Thank you for your interest in volunteering. Volunteers and their gifts of time and talent are essential in giving the animals in our care a second chance. We offer a wide range of volunteer opportunities to engage and inspire you.
Volunteer opportunities offered by the Greater Moncton SPCA are:
- fundraising and special events,
- processing applications (calling references and screening potential adopter/foster homes),
- animal socializing and wellness,
- Dog walking
- Cat wellness and socializing
- Rabbit and small animal wellness,
Requirements to be eligible to volunteer at the Greater Moncton SPCA:
- Be friendly, polite and reliable
- Volunteers are required to provide a clean, name based, police background check at their own cost
- Are 16 years of age or over to interact with animals unsupervised
- Children under 16 years may accompany an adult (over 18 years) who is a current volunteer. There is a limit of one child per adult. Children must be under supervision at all times.
- Each volunteer position will require its own orientation.
- Volunteers must become members of the SPCA. There is a $25 membership fee.
*Letters will be provided allowing the federal fee to be waived in most cases.
Time Commitments for Volunteers
Processing applications requires a commitment (usually weekly) that is coordinated with current volunteers in this position.
Assisting with fundraising and special events does not require a time commitment. These events will be posted, along with any requirements, as they happen.
Volunteer positions within the shelter (interacting with the animals) requires a minimum once a month commitment for your volunteer status to remain current and active.
As a volunteer with the Greater Moncton SPCA you will have an impact on the lives of all the animals the Greater Moncton SPCA assists and cares for. You will be a positive influence in your community and have the opportunity to learn new skills and develop lasting connections. Our volunteers are ambassadors, helping us build positive momentum and we look forward to working with you.
If you are interested in becoming one of our volunteers, please check out the document at the right.
We are currently reviewing and revising our volunteer program. Please check back for up dates.
For information on volunteering please email firstname.lastname@example.org